II.- Additional Resources and Phases
- The BOOT Camp, an online resource and training center business development: Sessions will be facilitated by international experts from around the world. The recorded sessions are available for later consultation free of charge: http://youthin-cic.net/activities.php
- An Integral Training Program as preparation stage with practical, hands-on methodologies, namelye Business Labs and its one-day idea generation session, Mini Business Lab.
- A CIC Support System is established, creating a unique Caribbean entrepreneurial ecosystem of over 150 collaborators from public, private and academic sectors
- Interactive map with information on current programs that support young entrepreneurs in the Caribbean is available here: http://youthin-cic.net/map
- The CIC Portfolio of previous Finalists is available here: http://www.youthin-cic.net/Download/CIC_Magazine.pdf
1. Phase 1 (Semi-Finals): Teams complete their concept paper, business model, a tool for onlinepresence (website, Facebook group or blog) and a collage of promotional photos, video or graphical presentation. A BOOT (Business Opportunity On-line Training) Camp and various technical resources are available to Teams to develop their ideas into solid projects and to create a practical strategy for implementation. Groups of international judges will review these plans and select the top eight Finalists to move onto the Finals.
2. Phase 2 (Finalists): Finalist Teams will present their "pitch" for the CIC Awards to international judges who will select the winning team/s. Winners will have the opportunity to showcase their products or services in an international event, gathering representatives from the private and public sectors, academia, among other national and international guests.
- II. Categories
At the time of registration, Teams will establish their eligibility to participate in the CIC in two categories, according to the following criteria:
Creative industries – initiatives focused on generation, commercialization and dissemination of creative content Any idea focused on developing a profitable business model focused on creative sectors, such as, advertising, architecture, art, crafts, design, fashion, film, animation, video games, music, performing arts, publishing, , TV and radio, among others, may participate in this category.
- Technology Commercialization - initiatives focused on launching intangible entrepreneurial assets (IEAs) or engineered products / services based on hard-science, research, and patents, industrial designs, or utility models; as well as other technology products /services (websites, apps, software) on any sector (energy, environment, health, biotech, material sciences,etc).
Transversal Topics: all submissions should demonstrate clear commercialization models transitioning from IEAs to profitable businesses, by incorporating: -
- Innovative solutions to local, national or Caribbean wide challenges/problems;
- Product Branding utilizing trademarks or geographical indications;
- Patent, industrial design or utility models and